Membership comprises of individual adult members, family members (membership for two parents and their children (aged 4 – 18 years or up to 23 years if in full time education) who all share the same address), full-time student members (up to the age of 23 and attending college or university) and junior members (those 18 and under). Applications for membership are made to the Committee and only individual and adult family members have voting rights. Balls and use of the floodlights are included in the cost of membership.
Annual subscriptions for each type of membership are set at the AGM in November by members’ vote. These are due for payment on the following 1st April. Membership lapses if the subscription is unpaid by 30th April. The committee sets match fees (currently £2.00 per player per match) and tournament and other fees as necessary. The Treasurer presents an account of all receipts and payments for the year to end September at each AGM. New members joining on or after May 1st each year will pay a pro-rata fee of the full amount. Current subscriptions are:
Age 19-23 FTE: £60
Juniors 15-18: £60
Juniors 10-14: £40
Juniors 9 & under: £30
How to join
If you would like to join our Club, you can . If you have any questions, you can contact us and we will be happy to help. If you are joining after April the amount will be reduced pro-rata.
- A full and varied coaching programme is available for both adults and juniors
- Courts can be booked online for free play and balls and use of the floodlights are included in the membership
- Annual club tournaments and occasional Box Leagues
- Opportunity to play competitive tennis against other clubs in one of our 3 Men’s teams, 3 Ladies teams, 2 Mixed teams and, in a daytime summer league, 1 Ladies Seniors team
- Tennis pavilion opened in May 2018 complete with heating, a seating area, kitchenette and toilet facilities
- A main club house with changing rooms, showers and toilets
- A bar and lounge area, available for private hire, equipped with TV and catering facilities
- Wimbledon ticket draw
- Club social play sessions held during the week; Tuesday evening 7.30pm to 10.30pm, Saturday 8.30am to 10.30am (Men’s Doubles). Thursday 7:30pm Adult Improvers coaching
- Ladies Monthly Medal Tournament at 10.00am on the first Sunday of the month
- Tuesday, Thursday and Friday mornings (9.30am to 11.00am) Ladies coaching sessions
- Annual Club Championships with Finals in September
- Seasonal tournaments at Easter and Christmas
- Festive and Wimbledon Ballot socials and others arranged throughout the year
- Finals Day in September and prize giving at the AGM
- Quiz and other social evenings in the main clubhouse
- Over 200 juniors with an age range of 5 to 18 are coached each week
- Non-members can join the programme by paying a weekly supplement of £1 in addition to the termly fees
- Coaching groups are organised according to age and ability and take place from 4.00pm to 7.00pm Monday to Friday during term time
- Junior teams from 8&U to 18&U playing weekend matches in local and Essex leagues
- Individual and small group junior coaching
- Holiday Coaching Programmes
Each year the Club receives an allocation of at least 15 pairs of Wimbledon tickets and usually including a semi-final or a final. A draw is made of all club members aged 9 and over who are also members of British Tennis and who have opted-in to the ballot. (Opting-in is an an annual British Tennis requirement.) Those members who are successful in the club ballot will then have the opportunity to buy tickets at their face value.
- The courts are available to members and their guests only. All members must wear suitable clothing and tennis trainers
- Members are responsible for the security and general upkeep of the courts, pavilion and club house. Balls are kept in the pavilion and must be returned after use. After playing there is no need to slacken the nets.
- The wireless floodlight controls are inside the small cabinet on the right as you enter the tennis pavilion. The lights must be extinguished after use and not switched on again for at least 20 minutes to allow them to cool properly.
- Adult members are welcome to invite a non-member guest up to 3 times in a year.
- At club sessions, doubles takes preference over singles. Players must change after an agreed number of games if others are waiting to play.
- In order to even wear on the playing surface, Court 3 (Single Court) should be used as a first option whenever it is available.
- Junior coaching and competition takes place from 4:00pm to 7:00pm Mondays to Fridays during school terms and at various publicised times over the weekends.
- When the courts are required for league matches, tournaments, team practice and coaching this will take precedence of other usage. Details of all fixtures etc are shown on the website calendar. Members may use the courts for arranged matches at other times but it is recommended that courts are booked via the online system to avoid disappointment as bookings always take precedence.
- Only members are eligible to represent the club in league matches or take part in tournaments